Saturday 11 June 2022


 Working on the allotment today I heard the sound of a brass band playing at the bandstand in a nearby park. The stirring arrangement of William Blake's 'Jerusalem' blew in on the breeze. And in that spirit...

                                          Bring me my Bow of burning gold:
                                          Bring me my arrows of desire:
                                          Bring me my Spear: o clouds unfold!
                                          Bring me my Chariot of fire!

                                          I will not cease from Mental Fight,
                                          Nor shall my sword sleep in my hand:
                                          Till we have built Jerusalem,
                                          In Englands green and pleasant land.