Wednesday 27 June 2018



 I paid a visit to Glengall Wharf Gardens this afternoon, a stone's throw from the Old Kent Road. It was indeed a wharf -when a spur of the Grand Surrey Canal ran through Peckham to the Camberwell Basin. Some years ago (decades after the canal was abandoned and drained) it was developed as a community garden.
 I went there to contribute to a workshop/discussion about the principles of Permaculture which are an important aspect of the ethos of the garden; an enjoyable afternoon with an interesting group of people.
 I took the opportunity to wander round and take a few photos. They have beehives there and I was particularly struck by something I saw. Several small ponds have been created and these were teeming with honey bees going back and forth sipping the water. Even bees need to drink!