Thursday 24 May 2018




 After being away from London for several days I see various summer flowers have bloomed. I think we can call it summer now?
 The pink flowered Geranium in the top photo seeds all over the garden and clumps up. I think it's some variation of Geranium endressii, possibly the one known as 'Claridge Druce'.
 The white flowered form of Dame's Violet aka Sweet Rocket (Hesperis matronalis) has a particularly translucent glow as the sun goes down. It's a short lived perennial so I plant some each year and it is starting to seed around as well.
 Pale blue/mauve flowers smother the fresh green foliage of the Trailing Bellflower (Campanula poscharskyana) which loves to scramble along brick, stone and concrete under the impression that it's back home in the Caucasus mountains.
 I'll be in and out of London in the week ahead so looking forward to seeing what comes with each visit...