Monday 19 December 2022


 I assembled this greenhouse for my father a couple of decades ago. It has fallen into disrepair; basically a bit of a potting shed now and general storage for garden stuff.
 In fact the garden is rather shady so tomatoes, cucumbers etc. aren't really an option. I'm thinking it could function as a cold greenhouse for growing certain plants that need protection but not too tropical. For example I have read that the California Pitcher Plant (Darlingtonia californica) will grow in a cold greenhouse in the UK. I saw these carnivorous "Cobra Lillies" growing in their thousands near Mount Eddy a few years back. [see entry dated 28th. July 2018]
 It would be novel to have a few on the go in Hertfordshire. Then again there's cold and there's cold. Several panes of glass are cracked or gone so I will need to undertake some repair and refurbishment.