Thursday 15 September 2022


 Writing about those Cobra Lillies in my last entry got me remembering that hike on the Pacific Crest Trail (subject of numerous entries in July/August 2018). It began and ended in Castle Crags State Park. On the way out to Deadfall Lake and back again I pitched my tent each evening on the trail. 
 The final night I slept in an official PCT campsite which was just a small plot in the Park that had been designated as a campsite. As the sign says Milt Kenny Trail runs straight through it which connects to Bob's Hat Trail which connects to the PCT. I enjoyed chatting with some of the thru hikers who were doing the full 2,650 miles.
 There was an actual camp site nearby for respectable citizens on vacation- with a shower block. I had swum in Deadfall Lake but that was my first hot shower and proper wash for 10 days and it was glorious!